The octopus is one of the most delicious and popular shellfish at the table, its meat is ideal for the Mediterranean diet because it is low in fat
- Clean the octopus under cold running water, rubbing the head and outer and inner tentacles with your hands
- Dry it, then place it on a cutting board and with a knife cut through the pouch at the level of the eyes to remove them and remove the octopus’ beak : with a small knife cut around the mouth and take it out
- Once the beak and eyes have been removed, sear the octopus meat by beating it with the appropriate hammer or a meat tenderizer to break down the fibers and make the meat more tender, then rinse well
- Boil the octopus in plenty of water, one glass of white wine two tablespoons of vinegar a pinch of salt one onion one celery stalk a couple of bay leaves for at least 45 minutes/60 minutes depending on the amount
- Drain from water and cool
- Cut the tentacles and smoke them (it is not such a fatty meat it takes about 5 minutes)
- Finally, oil the smoked tentacles and grill them until the skin becomes crispy.